Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to you! I absolutely love my birthday. Last night we celebrated one of my friend's birthday by going out and it reminded me of my own. Her birthday was actaully on Thursday. But the weekend still counts, it is close enough. Birthdays are my favorite thing to celebrate and they just are so much fun to me. I usually count down the days till my birthday because I just can't wait for it to get here. Birthdays are filled with celebration and it makes the day all about the person that is having that birthday. You get one day a year to truly celebrate just you, and only you. Who wouldn't like that? Cake, presents, and a party...what would be better?
One of the best part of birthdays is the pictures. I love taking pictures. But the best part of taking pictures is looking back through them remembering something you forgot. But now a days everyone can see you pictures too. From Facebook to Myspace, your friends can see your every move. They can see what photos you were tagged in or just flat out stalk you. 
Another reasons why I love birthdays is my friends. I don not know what I would do without them. And the best part is that you get to celebrate each person's birthday! The birthday celebration could last all year round depending how many friends you have. Also you always get free desert at restaurants for you birthday. You can't deny anything free, especially when it is chocolate and the waiters and waitresses are singing to you. It would be rude not to eat or accept it. Even though sometimes people do take advantage of the free birthday deserts are restaurants. 
So all and all I pretty much just love birthdays in general even if they aren't mine. So I wish everyone a happy birthday whenever it is. And remember it is your day.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Megan I totally agree with everything you said. Birthdays are extremely special and I love them. Birthdays are a great time to get together with friends and just be crazy! I love taking pictures of birthdays to see how the person has changed over the years. My favorite part of birthdays is spending time with my friends and family. Birthdays are made more special when you have people to share them with. Birthdays are special days and are not meant to be spent alone. What makes a birthday great is not necessarily what you do, but who you are with. Memories are only as good as the people you make them with.

-Katelyn