Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Zaireeka


As I sit there on the floor leaning against the podium in the front of the room I'm not so sure what to expect from this experiment. "Track One," is announced through all four of the stereos. "Cd 1, 2, 3, and 4," rotates around the room and shocks me with the their synchronization. I start to  hear drums from the stereo close to the left of me. Then chanting is heard from the boombox across the room. As the track fades I am surprised at this whole experiment. "Track Two," is announced through the speakers and we start listening to the next track. Booming begins at my close left and then the others join in. Singing is coming from all around except the stereo to my close left, which then starts playing guitar along with the one on my right. Quiet erupts the noise, then singing begins. Ooo's  start coming from my left, guitar across from me, and then horns start rotating around as it fades away. At this point in time my pen dies and I have to go across the room to retrieve a new one. A steaming pot sound starts rack three and a piano starts playing starts at my close left. Singing begins at my left also and then echos from my right to left. Singing fades and now there is just a melody playing and it fades down to out of sync booms from all stereos. The next track begins with guitar, singing, and a flute. The singing stops and fades down and string instruments start playing from across. Bug sounds start to fill the room until a guitar comes in. The stereo across from me stops last. By this point in time Cd four is way ahead by this point. The next track continues the sequence of random sounds and instruments with singing coming in at all different times. Track six is a short one and the once with a piercing sound. I start to get a headache half way through the track. Then track seven starts with the stereo across from me being very behind. The track continues and all the boom boxes get a little louder, then the left one stops. The stereo across from me plays piano while all the other are still silent. The song ends with the stereo to my close left fading down with it playing piano. Track eight starts at my close left and then dog noises start coming from my right. Track eight ends with the across stopping last.

No comments: