Saturday, March 8, 2008

Zaireeka Reflection

As I think back to the day we listened to Zaireeka in class many things come to mind. The first thing that I think about is my observation at the mall. When I was sitting in the leather chair in the cafeteria in the middle of the mall all the music seemed to compile together. From the music the mall played to the individual songs that all the stores played they just seemed to mix. I never would of thought that someone would make music out of it. I can't imagine the time and patience that goes into something like Zaireeka. This experiment has to be on the exact same timing but then when the music gets off its gets even more interesting. Who could imagine throwing dogs barking, guitars, and drums all in together to make a song and then into a c.d.. When I was at the mall this happened to me everywhere I go. The store's melodies just seem to blend together after awhile. But this mixture of songs is completely different of what Zaireeka is. Zaireeka is more a random organization of sounds and noises. I know this definition may not make any sense to someone who has never heard it, but if you have ever heard it before you would completely understand. With the sounds being so random at times you get surprised. From dog barks to singing to instruments almost every noise has its chance. Even with all the random sounds they all seem to belong though. Each noise and random act of sound has its very own place. It is first hard to follow because you are not use to hearing something like ever before. But, as the songs go on you start to get into the flow.

No comments: