Saturday, February 16, 2008


I wake up early as I hear my alarm blaring its annoying sound I hear every morning. As the sun shines through the window I force myself down my bed. Getting up usually isn't this difficult for me but today is the day I don't want to get up. On this day I must do that one that I hate the most. Put myself in a new situation all by myself. I get ready like I do every morning, but yet thoughts still run through my mind that maybe today I feel a little queazy. My mind is racing about all the horrible things that could happen, including my biggest fear ever...getting lost. I complain to my roommate a couple of times about how much I don't want to go. I keep on questioning myself, "Why am I still in this class? I hate little kids, so what am I thinking?" As the clock ticks down closer and closer to 8:40 I start to get even more nervous. My roommate wishes me good look on my way out the door and I am off to my "new" school. I scrape the frost my window and step into my bitter cold car just waiting for more excuses to come to me. As the turn the ignition and pull out of the parking lot my heart is racing. Pulling onto 48th I calm myself down and turn onto Adams. A pickup follows me into the school parking lot. Walking to the school in my painful high heels was a long and traitorous walk that I just didn't want to be taking. I slip on my name tag while I check into the front desk. Walking into that classroom of third graders at Huntington made my palms sweat. Being introduced as the new helper Miss Anderson eased me as all the kids turned and smiled at me. This was my first day of being a teacher's assistant at Huntington Elementary, that turned out to be better than I had expected it to be.

No comments: