Thursday, February 7, 2008

Plain White T's



It's Our Time Now by the Plain White T's

The Plain White T's, what can I say? I love them! I have seen them in concert three times and have loved every minute of it. It all started four years ago when I saw them perform at the Ranch Bowl in Omaha. I have been an avid fan ever since that night. My best friend and I decided to head down to Omaha one night to see Lucy Boys Confusion in concert. A couple bands played and then the Plain White T's went on. We were floored especially since we were also in the front row. We have been concert buddies for the Plain White T's ever since. I have to say that I am such a huge fan of them because of their relatable lyrics and their upbeat songs. Whenever I listen to one song of theirs it just makes me want to listen to another one. That is what music should be, an escape to yourself and the world. Turning on your favorite song should be an outlet for you whenever you turn up those speakers. Jamming out in your car to you should be therapeutic. That is all I really need sometimes. Good music can completely turn around your attitude for the day. Without music I really don't know where my life would be today. I remember those back when I would just pop in a c.d. and lay on my bed and just listen to it for hours. Just laying there, listening, and relaxing. Can life get any better than that? Sometimes you just need that breather from life where you need to take a step back and just chill. Listening to music is breath of fresh air. Getting caught up in the crazy things that happen to mess with you. Sometimes you just got to take a break from our world today. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with your description about how music is pretty much essential for life. I can definitely relate to that. You are absolutely correct that some days, you just need to lie back, listen to some good music, and dismiss all your earthly cares. I also don't know where I would be without music. I have music that compliments any mood I could possibly be in, and it never fails to make me look more positively at life. There really is nothing better than driving with friends, blaring music, and screaming at the top of your lungs. Music makes you feel free.

Also, I want to thank you for re-introducing me to this band!